State Tuition Assistance Program
For information on the new STAP, see here.
Federal Tuition Assistance Program
The Federal Tuition Assistance Program is federally funded by the Department of Defense and pays for the cost of tuition for eligible Soldiers who are currently serving
GoArmyEd is the portal to the online application program a Soldier can use to apply for Federal Tuition Assistance.
Am I eligible?
– All Army National Guard traditional and Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Soldiers in an active drilling status and in good standing with their unit are eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance
– Mobilized or deployed Army National Guard Soldiers are eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance.
Who is not eligible?
– Soldiers who accrued nine or more AWOL/UNSAT notifications in the previous twelve months are not eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance.
– Private high school attendees are not eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance.
– Soldiers pursuing a lateral or lower degree are not eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance.
Who currently uses Federal Tuition Assistance?
– Recruit Sustainment Program warriors
– Graduate students
– Soldiers attending college or universities(to include online courses)
– Soldiers attending trade courses
How much does Federal Tuition Assistance?
The Federal Tuition Assistance program is a 100% tuition assistance program up to $250 per semester hour, $167 per quarter hour, or $5.55 per clock hour. It can assist with tuition costs for up to 16 credit hours and up to a total of $4000 per fiscal year (OCT 1-SEP 30. Federal Tuition Assistance does not cover fees.
Federal Tuition Assistance cannot be used for books.
What degrees may I earn using Federal Tuition Assistance?
Certificate – Associate – Baccalaureate – Masters *Up to 130 credits for an undergraduate degree and up to 39 credits for a Graduate Degree
– Apply online at GoArmyEd
– Complete Annual
– Create an account
– Apply for Tuition Assistance
– Upload documents to eFile
– Print and Deliver Tuition Assistance Authorization Form
Applications for Federal Tuition Assistance can be submitted in GoArmyEd up to 60 days prior to the class start date and must be submitted before the class actually starts.
For more detailed information, please visit the GoArmyEd website by clicking the link below.